Shoulder & Elbow Center in Funabashi Orthopaedic Hospital was established in April, 2013, by separating from Funabashi Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Center. This center is led by Hiroyuki Sugaya, MD, a worldwide well-known shoulder surgeon, and composed of highly skilled shoulder & elbow surgeons and physical therapists.
Shoulder & Elbow disorders are commonly associated with functional problem other than shoulder & elbow problem itself, such as scapula, trunk, pelvis, and lower extremities, especially in sports related disorders. Therefore, in most cases, physical therapy correcting functional problems is the first choice of treatment. In addition, pain control is a very important factor in order to provide effective physical therapy. Further, surgery is indicated only for some specific patients those who have associated distinct anatomical disruptions.
We have the following three basic principles upon treatment of our patients. First, pain control if the pain is predominated symptom, then, physical therapy correcting dysfunction around the shoulder girdle, and lastly, state-of-the-art arthroscopic surgery. In addition, postop physical therapy is also superb. Based on the above principles, we see around 15,000 patients annually. We also operate 800 patients arthroscopically, including 250 shoulder instability, 300 rotator cuff, 100 elbows, and shoulder arthroplasty.
Shoulder & Elbow Disorders
1.Shoulder & elbow injuries in sports
- Shoulder & elbow injuries in throwing athletes, little leaguers shoulder, little leaguers elbow, OCD lesions in the humeral capitellum, MCL injuries of the elbow, tennis elbow, stiff elbow, etc.
- Shoulder instability (recurrent shoulder dislocation, loose shoulder, multidirectional shoulder instability, etc.)
- AC joint disorders (separation, arthritis, deformity, etc.)
2.Shoulder pain or stiffness in elderly
- Stiff shoulders (frozen shoulder, posttraumatic, diabetic, etc.)
- Calcific tendinitis
- Rotator cuff tear
- Shoulder arthritis (primary, secondary)
Shoulder & Elbow Surgeons
- Hiroyuki Sugaya, MD
- Norimasa Takahashi, MD
- Keisuke Matsuki, MD
- Nobuaki Kawai, MD
- Morihito, Tokai, MD
Funabashi Orthopaedic Hospital on Mon, Wed, and Thursdays
Funabashi Orthopaedic NISHIFUNA Clinic on Mon & Wednesdays
- Domestic: 047-425-5585
- Domestic: 047-425-6592
1-833 Hasama, Funabashi, Chiba 2740822, Japan